Everything You Need To Know About
At Emporium Beauty Specialists, we know it can sometimes be daunting when starting a new treatment. We pride ourselves on making sure every client feels as comfortable as possible before, during and after every procedure we perform. With that in mind, our resident lash expert Amy recently took the time to answer some of her most frequently asked questions. So whether it is your first set of lashes or you fancy a change of style but don’t know where to begin, Amy has the answers you are looking for.
What styles can be achieved and how do they differ?
Classic lashes– This is where an individual lash is applied to a single natural lash, resulting in a softer and subtle eye enhancement.
Russian Lashes– This is a hand made fan of lashes that is applied to a single natural lash to create a full, dramatic eye enhancement.
Hybrid Lashes– This is a combination of both of both individual classic lashes and Russian fan lashes. Each are applied to individual natural lashes to create a a wispy and fuller eye enhancement.
LVL– This involves straightening and lifting your natural lashes from the root. A lash tint then gives the appearance of longer and thicker natural lashes which lasts for up to six weeks without mascara needing to be applied.
How long does each treatment last?
The treatment time can vary depending on the the natural fullness of the clients lashes. Therefore, the following times should only be used as a rough guide.
- Classic Lashes- 1 1/2 hours
- Hybrid Lashes- 2 hours
- Russian Lashes- 2- 2 1/2 hours
- LVL- 45mins- 1 hour
How long will my new lashes last?
Dependent on the clients personal care of the lashes, each treatment should last between 3-5 weeks. I advise infills every 3 weeks to keep the lashes looking neat and tidy.
As mentioned above, LVL treatments should last upto to 6 weeks before a new treatment is needed. Again, this is dependent on the clients personal care.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for my treatment?
Please arrive at your appointment without any makeup applied to the lashes. Lashes should be clean and free from mascara to help achieve the best results. Finally, please remember not to wear contact lenses to your appointment.
How should I care for my new lashes?
The following aftercare advice will help keep your new lashes looking amazing for longer:
- Avoid getting your lashes wet for 48 hours after the treatment. This includes avoiding steam rooms, saunas and sunbeds.
- Avoid using oil based eye products, creams or mascaras.
- Only use water based makeup around the eyes (no mascara)
- When removing makeup from around the eyes, use a soft cotton swab.
- When cleaning your lashes, use baby shampoo and luke warm water. Brush dry with a mascara wand.
- Avoid perming or tinting the lashes or using eyelash curlers.
- Avoid pulling at the extensions or rubbing your eyes.
- If you want to remove your lashes, please contact me or another trained lash specialist to perform the removal. Do not remove yourself as this can cause damage to your natural lashes.
- Infill every 3 weeks for the best results
Classic Semi-Permanent Lashes
Individual lash applied to a single lash for a softer and subtle enhancement.
Full set – £45 | Infil – £25 (1 Hour) | Infil – £35 (1.5 hours)
Hybrid Semi-permanent lashes.
A mixture of individual and Russian handmade fans applied to a single lash for a wispy and full eye enhancement.
Full set – £55 | Infil – £30 (1 Hour) | Infil – £40 (1.5 hours)
Russian Volume Semi-Permanent Lashes
Russian handmade fans applied to a single lash for full and dramatic eye enhancement.
Full set – £65 | Infil – £40 (1 Hour) | Infil – £50 (1.5 hours)
LVL – Length Volume Lift
Straightening and lifting your natural lashes from the root and lash tint give the appearance of longer and thicker lashes for up to six weeks without the need for mascara.